Considering our general health is certainly essential, but along with that, you must also take proper care of your oral health because they are correlated. A minute dental problem can alter into something severe if a proper care is not taken, likewise, the condition of your gum disease can elevate if its symptoms are not detected on time.
You will get a clear insight into gum disease by the end of this write-up.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
- When your gums become tender.
- If gums are inflamed and red.
- When your gums bleed while brushing or flossing.
- A persistent bad breath.
- Pus formation between your teeth and gums.
- When your taste becomes unpleasant.
- Receding gums.
The Stages of Gum Disease
- The very first stage is termed as gingivitis which emerges due to plaque buildup. Brush and floss twice a day to restrain the formation of dental plaque or else it can produce poisonous toxins which can irritate your gums. This stage can be pretty much curable as the bone which supports your tooth stays intact.
- The second stage of gum disease is stated as periodontitis. You may notice pockets forming right below your gum line which stores dental plaque and food particles.
- The holding your teeth get sabotaged at the final and last stage which is known as advanced periodontitis. You can end up losing your teeth at this stage and your bite can get affected too.
Things You Must Follow to Restrain the Emergence of Gum Disease
- You must brush your teeth properly rather than doing it vigorously.
- Use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
- Scrape your tongue every day.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to swish your mouth every day.
- Avoid sugary and acidic foods.
Make it a point to see your dentist every six months.