By Gentle Touch Dentistry Richardson
A severe bleeding or pain in the teeth and gums is referred to as a dental emergency. As per the experts, if proper care is not taken at the right time, it can increase the risk of permanent damage in the long run.
In this blog, there is a quick summary of five common dental emergencies and the ways how you can deal with it.
- Toothaches – A Toothache is one of the most common dental problems. It is very difficult to find someone who never suffered from severe toothache. A very simple technique to treat a toothache is to rinse the mouth with warm water. And if you find that your mouth is swollen, then you can try applying a cold compress in the exterior portion of your mouth. In this way, you will see your toothache slowly fading away.
- Chipped And Broken Tooth – You may often find some portion of your tooth getting chipped off due to some kind of injury. Rinsing the mouth using warm water can be a great way to reduce the pain. But if there is a bleeding, you can choose to apply a gauge on the area for about ten minutes or until the blood stops coming out of the injured tissue. Applying a cold compress near the mouth, cheek, or lip is yet another exciting way to reduce the pain.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – A knocked-out tooth is a big reason to worry. It is definitely a critical dental emergency. However, you can easily handle it should you choose not to panic. The very first thing that you should do is, retrieving the tooth and rinsing it with water. Make sure not to scrub it or remove any attached fragments of the tissue. Put the tooth inside a container containing milk or a pinch of table salt and visit a dentist as soon as possible. A knocked-out tooth can easily be re-inserted by a dentist within one hour of the mishap.
- Lost Crown – If the crown falls or gets ruptured, you must contact a Richardson dentist without wasting any time. In case if you don’t get an appointment, and if the tooth is causing too much, you can try using a cotton swab to apply a little amount of clove oil in the affected area. You can also try slipping the crown back over the tooth. But you should never forget to coat the inner surface with a dental cement (toothpaste or denture adhesive) to hold the crown in position.
- Abscess – Abscess is an infection that occurs around the root of a tooth, or sometimes in the space between the teeth and gums. According to the dentists, it is a serious medical emergency that can affect the tissues surrounding the teeth. Thus, you should waste no time contacting a dental surgeon if you find a pimple like swelling near the gum. In the meantime, you can try rinsing your mouth using a salt-water solution to get rid of the pain.
If you are a resident of Richardson, TX, overburdened with dental adversaries, including dental emergencies, then waste no time in contacting Gentle Touch Dentistry Richardson. We have pledged ourselves to provide the best services in an extremely affordable cost structure. So, just hurry up and dial 469-336-3069 to book an appointment!