Get Your Missing Tooth Treated With Dental Implants At Gentle Touch Dentistry, Richardson, TX
An accident, tooth damage, or infection can make you lose one or more than one of your natural teeth. A dental implant, in such a situation, is the best way to get your missing tooth treated. A dental implant is a device that acts as a perfect replacement to a missing tooth. It is surgically inserted into the jawbone and can restore your chewing ability to a considerable extent. One basic advantage of using dental implants is that it does not require support from other teeth, unlike dental dentures.
At Gentle Touch Dentistry, under the guidance of Dr. Anuritha Chepyala, we are providing quality dental implants to patients all over Richardson, Garland, and Plano so that they don’t face any trouble while having their favorite lunch or dinner. Our dentist always prefers using quality dental implants for treating a missing tooth. Some significant reasons why we use dental implants are as follows –
- It boosts self-confidence.
- Provides a proper structure to the shape and jaw.
- Improves chewing ability.
- It brings back the power of the bite.
- Helps in maintaining the alignment of the jaw.
- Recovers the speech in patients with a missing tooth.
Dental Implant Procedure
In our dental office, a dental implant procedure involves replacing the root of the natural tooth with metal ones that look and function like natural root. In the first step of the surgery, we cut open the gum of the patients and expose the bone. Then, we drill holes in the bone where we think the implant is required to be placed. After that, we carefully place the implant into the hole.
Since the metal posts serve as the root of the teeth, we make sure to place it deep into the bone. In certain cases, we place a partial or temporary denture for improving the appearance of the smile. However, the patients will be able to remove it for cleaning, or at the time of going to bed.
What Are The Types Of Dental Implants?
At our dental office, dental implants are available in many different shapes and sizes. We always judge the needs of the patients first before prescribing the one that is best suited for them. We mainly prescribe the following types of dental implants –
Single-Stage Dental Implants – In single-stage dental implants, a healing abutment is placed at the time of the surgery. After a 3-6 months healing period, the implant fuses to the bone. A crown is then placed on the implant for restoring its appearance and chewing ability. This kind of implant is generally used when the bone underneath the gums is in a healthy state and will be able to provide a good stability to the mouth.
Two-Stage Implants – This kind of dental implants is generally used in patients who are not in need of a cosmetic solution. In this approach, the implants are placed into the jawbone and are not exposed to the mouth. Instead, they are buried and left to heal. After that, a second surgery is performed for attaching the abutment and securing the crown in place.
Endosteal Implants – It is the most common type of dental implant. They usually look like small screws made up of titanium. At the time of a dental implant surgery, it is inserted into the jawbone for improving the chewing ability of the patients.
Subperiosteal Implants – Subperiosteal dental implants are made up of metal framework. This metal frame is again attached to the gum tissue above the jawbone. The small metal posts of the subperiosteal implants protrude out from the jawbone. This kind of implant is primarily used in patients who do not have a healthy jawbone.
What Are Some Of The Core Benefits Of Dental Implants?
According to a very recent study conducted by the American Dental Association, a dental implant procedure has more than a 90% success rate. Some major benefits of this procedure are as follows –
- Acts Like Natural Teeth –This is one of the core advantages of a dental implant. It restores the full chewing power of teeth. You will never face any problem even while brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Best Alternative To A Missing Tooth– Being made up of titanium; it easily integrates with the jawbone. It is also completely bio-compatible. Thus, it will never be rejected by the body. It simply is the best solution for patients with a missing tooth.
- Dental Implants Prevent Bone Loss – A loss of teeth means that there is an empty space in the jawbone. And if this space is not filled up quickly, the jawbone will disintegrate constantly. Since dental implants restore the tooth, as well as, the root, the chewing ability of the teeth are restored back to normal.
- Dental Implants Keep Adjacent Teeth In Position – The gap due to a missing tooth can cause the adjacent teeth to drift towards the gap. This pulls the teeth out of position and hampers the biting power of the teeth. A poor bite, in turn, can lead to issues with the TMJ. Dental implants can be used to seal those gaps.
- Dental Implants Helps Prevent Gum Diseases – The space between a missing tooth traps food and bacteria. This can lead to gum infection in the long run. Dental implants can be used to seal those backs. Thus it can be easily concluded that dental implants help prevent gum diseases.
Visit Gentle Touch Dentistry Today For Quality Dental Implants!
If you are looking forward to replacing your lost tooth, and if you are a resident of Richardson, Garland, or Plano, then we can definitely help you out! A dental implant surgery is not at all an easy affair. It requires skill, as well as, precision. At the office of Dr. Anuritha Chepyala, we feel proud to provide quality dental implants to patients all over Richardson, Garland, and Plano.
Our experienced dental team is our USP and quality service to the patients is our primary agenda. All our team members are the students of reputed dental colleges and universities. They all have been practicing for over a decade and know exactly how to meet the requirements of the patients.
Therefore, if you are looking for the best dentist in Richardson, TX who can treat your tooth loss, then your search ends here. You can dial our number +1 469-336-3069 to book an appointment with our experienced dental team. You can also visit us directly at 1750 Alma Rd, Suite 110, Richardson, TX 75081, USA. We bet you won’t feel disappointed.