Is your broken or damaged tooth making you suffer? Then, Dental Crowns can be your best option! A Dental Crown is in fact, a tooth-shaped cap. It is planted over your tooth to conceal the chipped or damaged tooth. Crowns help to regain the size, shape and strength of the chipped tooth and even upgrade its appearance.
Kinds of Crowns
The crowns can be composed of lots of materials. Well, there are commonly two kinds of crowns available: Permanent and Temporary.
Permanent crowns are formed of–
- Stainless steel
- All metal such as gold or platinum! Or also base-metal alloys (for example: cobalt-chromium and nickel-chromium alloys)
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal (that can be color-matched to your neighboring teeth)
- All resin
- Zirconia crowns
- All ceramic or all porcelain (favorable for those who have metal allergies)Naturally, temporary crowns are created from
- An acrylic-based material
- Or stainless steel
They are given until your permanent crown gets ready in the laboratory. There are certain crowns also available which cover simply a section of your tooth. If an entire crown is not required, your dentist might recommend an onlay or 3/4 crown instead.
- It is a simple and permanent procedure.
- It protects your weak tooth or restores a broken tooth.
- Tooth that has a large filling or there isn’t a lot of tooth left or is severely discolored can be covered by crowns.
- To anchor a dental bridge strongly in its position.
- It can even hold together parts of your cracked tooth.
- Crowns can also protect your teeth after a Root Canal therapy.
- It covers your dental implant.
- The technique is minimally invasive and even lessens tooth sensitivity.
- It also regains your ability to chew, speak and eat.
- To make a cosmetic modification for a more confident and beautiful smile.
- And this practice has a high success-rate with respect to other dental restoration approaches.
What will your Dentist do in Richardson, TX?
To get your tooth ready for a crown naturally needs two visits to your dentist. In your first visit, in Richardson, TX our specialist will analyze the condition of your teeth. This might require X-rays of your tooth.
Our specialist Dr. Anuritha Chepyala will take note of certain things like–
- The tooth’s location
- Position of gum tissue
- Action of the tooth that requires the crown
- Color of the adjacent teeth
- And what proportion of original tooth will be remaining
The second visit will deal with affixing the permanent crown. Here, your specialist will make your tooth ready by cleaning the decay or a root canal. A temporary cap will be planted. After a few weeks you will receive your permanent crown all-ready. And then your specialist installs it in your mouth and makes the required adjustments.
Care for your Crowns
- Brushing twice daily
- Flossing at least once a day
- Rinsing your mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash
- Avoiding hard foods
- Quitting smoking
- And going for routine check-ups
All these will help your crowns usually last for at least 5-15 years.
Now, if you reside in TX, and surf your web for ‘Dentist near me’, to get the best crowns, then surely visit our office at Gentle Touch Dentistry!